Our feline friends need places to get away as much as we do! So give your favorite outside living kitty a place in the great outdoors to get some fresh air, hibernate, and enjoy some purrrrrfect me-time with this cat house for outdoor cats made of natural cedar wood and insulated! It is weather-resistant and repels insects, and is large enough for two cats or one small dog, with room to move around and get comfortable. Thermal-ply insulated panels line the interior's ceiling, floor, and walls to keep your pet warm in the winter and cool in the summer! It assembles in about 30 minutes, following the easy instructions and using normal household tools, and has a roof that can be easily removed by taking out a couple of screws for easy cleaning. You can even order accessories to customize your pet’s space!
Exterior dimensions: 23"W x 24"D x 21"H
Interior floor dimensions: 19" x 18"
Door Opening: 7"W x 9"H
Features & Benefits
- WATERPROOF HOUSE for outdoor cats: The roof is made with water-resistant felt paper under the wood siding that is treated with a non-toxic and chemical-free environmentally friendly lifetime wood treatment, making them very durable and able to withstand any outdoor elements for many years.
- WOODEN CONSTRUCTION: Cedar wood repels insects, like termites and carpenter ants, and is weather-resistant, so your house is long-lasting and durable!
- INSULATED INTERIOR: Thermal-Ply insulation is placed inside walls, under the floor and ceiling.
- ROOMY SIZE: Designed to house one large cat or two medium-sized kitties, this house for outside cats provides room to move and enjoy that cave-like experience that makes your feline friends feel secure and comfortable! And if you take care of more stray or feral cats, you may check out our extra large house for multiple cats here
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Using easy-to-follow instructions and a battery-powered screwdriver, you can assemble the shelter easily and quickly in about 30 minutes, and your pet can move on the same day!
- OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: Extended roof, vinyl door flap, extra door, and round door insert can be ordered to create a luxurious cat home away from your home!
- REMOVABLE ROOF: It can be easily removed by removing a couple of screws!
- Made to order. Ships in 6-8 business days.
- WEIGHT: 22 lbs
- FREE SHIPPING to Continental US and CANADA
Extra (Escape) Door: Give your feline friend an extra exit in case predators come sniffing around. With the same dimensions as the front door, this door can be installed on the back, left, or right walls when facing the front door.
Vinyl Door Flap: Vinyl that is heavy enough to act as a barrier is used. The vinyl flaps are solid (not cut into strips) and secured inside from the top of the door frame by a Velcro strip.
Round Door Insert: If your cat likes to squeeze through holes in fences or find an isolated corner to curl up in, she may enjoy this round door style. The insert has a 6" round opening and may be easily removed if the cat is too big to fit through it or just does not like it.
Shipping: Ships from Canada via FedEx Ground. Transit time is 3-7 business days, depending on where it goes.
Questions & Answers
The wood is natural and not treated. For maximum wood protection against the weather, it should be treated with at least a water seal. You may paint or stain the house as well. If you want to treat the house, we recommend a Thompsons water seal.
I see in the FAQs, you can customize the door size. Can the entry door and the escape door be 6" x 6" square instead of having a 6" round insert? Also, I don't see any way to add the additional fee for the custom-sized doors. How do I pay for that?
The smallest we can make the door is 6" x 8". The only way to be 6" x 6" is by the Round Door Insert. The Price of each custom-size door is an extra $35. If you want to order them, we will send you an extra invoice after you place the order for the house.
If I were to purchase this house is the pad included I do not see it?
No. This cat house comes without a heating pad. You should buy it separately.
I have a question about the heating pad, will it be okay to put soft blankets inside the house with the pad so kitty will have a soft place to lay, or one of those nice orthopedic pads used for crates for dogs, do you think either one would be safe? Thanks
We do not recommend using a blanket on a heating pad. The heating pad is just enough for the kitty to feel comfortable.
Is the back door directly opposite from the front door?
The extra back door option goes on the back wall with the door opening on the opposite side of the front door wall.
If not, which house will fit two cats?
This house is not large enough for one large and one medium-sized cat. You should consider our extra large cat house for outdoor cats
You may see the assembly video here.
Hi, I am going to purchase the larger cat house but am not sure if I should purchase the heating pad also. Can I use an electric pad with a straw bedding? I don't want a fire but our winters are VERY cold and want kitties to be as warm as possible.
Straw, hay, and wood shavings are all combustible materials, and we would never advise using any of these materials with any heated product. It would be best not to place these materials on a heating pad.
Yes, the vinyl needs to be cut in strips.
I need to k off the ground but wher do I put the food
No, the roof will overhang on front door only.
The extended roof gives a 9" overhang.
The insulation is about a half-inch thick and has a foil on one side. We place it on the floor, walls, and ceiling. It is sealed with caulking.