Our feline friends need places to get away as much as we do! So give your favorite outside living kitty a place in the great outdoors to get some fresh air, hibernate, and enjoy some purrrrrfect me-time with our wooden insulated outdoor cat house! It is weather-resistant and repels insects, and is large enough for two cats or one small dog, with room to move around and get comfortable. Thermal-ply insulated panels line the ceiling, floor, and walls of the interior to keep your pet warm in the winter and cool in the summer! It assembles in about 30 minutes, following the easy instructions and using normal household tools, and has a roof that removes with 4 screws for easy cleaning. You can even order accessories to customize your pet’s space!
Exterior dimensions: 23"W x 24"D x 21"H
Interior floor dimensions: 19" x 18"
Door Opening: 7"W x 9"H
Features & Benefits
- WATERPROOF OUTDOOR CAT HOUSE: The roof is made with water-resistant felt paper under the wood siding that is treated with a non toxic and chemical-free environmentally friendly lifetime wood treatment, making them very durable and able to withstand any outdoor elements for many years.
- WOODEN CONSTRUCTION: Cedar wood repels insects, like termites and carpenter ants, and is weather-resistant, so your house is long-lasting and durable!
- INSULATED INTERIOR: Thermal-Ply insulation is placed inside walls, under the floor and ceiling.
- ROOMY SIZE: Designed to house one large cat or two medium-sized kitties, this cat house for outdoor provides room to move and enjoy that cave-like experience that makes animals feel secure and comfortable!
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: Using easy-to-follow instructions and a battery-powered screwdriver, you can assemble the shelter easily and quickly, in about 30 minutes, and your pet can move on the same day!
- OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: Extended roof, vinyl door flap, extra door, and round door insert can be ordered to create a luxurious cat home away from your home!
- REMOVABLE ROOF: It can be easily removed by taking out a couple of screws!
- Made to order. Ships in 12 business days.
- WEIGHT: 22 lbs
- FREE SHIPPING to Continental US and CANADA
Extra (Escape) Door: Give your feline friend an extra exit in case predators come sniffing around. With the same dimensions as the front door, this door can be installed on the back wall, left wall, or right wall when facing the front door.
Vinyl Door Flap: Vinyl that is heavy enough to act as a barrier is used. The vinyl flaps are solid (not cut into strips) and secured on the inside from the top of the door frame by a Velcro strip.
Round Door Insert: If your cat likes to squeeze through holes in fences or find an isolated corner to curl up in, she may enjoy this round door style. The insert has a 6" round opening and may be easily removed if the cat is too big to fit through it or just does not like it.
Shipping: Ships from Canada via FedEx Ground. Transit time is 3-7 business days depending on where it is going.
Questions & Answers
The wood is natural and not treated. Cedar does not have to be treated but it is OK if you want to paint or stain the house. If you want to treat the house then we recommend a Thompsons water seal.
If I were to purchase this house is the pad included I do not see it?
No. This cat house comes without a heating pad. You should buy it separately.
I have a question about the heating pad, will it be okay to put soft blankets inside the house with the pad so kitty will have a soft place to lay, or one of those nice orthopedic pads used for crates for dogs, do you think either one would be safe? Thanks
We do not recommend using a blanket on a heating pad. The heating pad is just enough for the kitty to feel comfortable.
Is the back door directly opposite from the front door?
The extra back door option goes on the back wall with the door opening on the opposite side of the front door wall.
If not, which house will fit two cats?
This house is not large enough for one large and one medium-size cat. You should consider one of the following houses: Extra Large Outdoor Cat House or Duplex Insulated Cat House for Feral or Outside Cats
You may see the assembly video here:
Hi, I am going to purchase the larger cat house but am not sure if I should purchase the heating pad also. Can I use an electric pad with a straw bedding? I don't want a fire but our winters are VERY cold and want kitties to be as warm as possible.
Straw, hay, and wood shavings are all very combustible materials and we would never advise using any of those materials in conjunction with any type of heated product. You should not place any of these materials on top of the heating pads.
Yes, the vinyl needs to be cut in strips.
I need to k off the ground but wher do I put the food
No, the roof will overhang on front door only.
The extended roof gives a 9" overhang.
The insulation is about a half inch thick and has a foil on one side. We place it in the floor, walls and ceiling. It is sealed in with caulking.