CozyCatFurniture is proud to offer an insulated feral cat house that provides the necessary protection from sun, cold, and moisture. It comes with Thermal-Ply insulation, which will provide great protection from both extreme cold and extreme heat. Your cat will enjoy the 16" high platform with a deck that will give your feline friend plenty of space for cat naps.
Overall Size: 26"W x 35"D x 36"H
Exterior house dimensions: 24"W x 23"D x 21"H.
Interior floor dimensions: 19"W x 18"D
Door Opening: 7"W x 9"H.
Front deck: 24"W x 9"D
Rear deck: 24"W x 3"D
Features & Benefits
- An outdoor house with a platform and an extended roof that provides a waterproof shelter to any feral cat. The roof is made with water-resistant felt paper under the wood siding that is treated with a non toxic and chemical-free environmentally friendly lifetime wood treatment, making them very durable and able to withstand any outdoor elements for many years.
- Thermal-Ply insulation is placed inside walls, under the floor and ceiling. It provides great protection from both extreme cold and extreme heat
- The roof can be easily removed by taking out a couple of screws
- Ships unassembled. Simple instructions included for fast assembly with common household tools.
- Assembly would take about 30-40 minutes with a battery-powered screwdriver
- WEIGHT: 30 lbs
- Made to order. Ships in 20-25 business days.
- Built with cedar construction, this outdoor feral cat house is individually handcrafted and made to order
- FREE SHIPPING to Continental US and Canada
Extra (Escape) Door: Give your feline friend an extra exit in case predators come sniffing around. With the same dimensions as the front door, this door can be installed on the back wall, left wall, or right wall when facing the front door.
Vinyl Door Flap: Vinyl that is heavy enough to act as a barrier is used. The vinyl flaps are solid (not cut into strips) and secured on the inside from the top of the door frame by a Velcro strip.
Round Door Insert: If your cat likes to squeeze through holes in fences or find an isolated corner to curl up in, she may enjoy this round door style. The insert has a 6" round opening and may be easily removed if the cat is too big to fit through it or just does not like it.
Shipping: Ships from Canada via FedEx Ground. Transit time is 3-7 business days depending on where it is going.
Questions & Answers
The wood is natural and not treated. Cedar does not have to be treated but it is OK if you want to paint or stain the house. If you want to treat the house then we recommend a Thompsons water seal.
If I were to purchase this house is the pad included I do not see it?
No. This cat house comes without a heating pad. You should buy it separately.
Measurements for heated panel are as follows: 18" x 12" x 0.5 (W x H x D) I need 1 or 2 waterproof, insulated houses.
The only house your wall heating panel would fit would be the extra large house on the page below:
Do you have recommendation if/what smart cat doors will work with this product? Considering the Cat Mate Elite to better control ability of predators to enter.
Unfortunately, we do not know if/what smart cat door can work with this house.
I’m looking for something to use as a feeding station that is more protective against the elements (snow and cold) than your traditional feeding station because I’m feeding in an uncovered area. I feed a colony of 10-12 cats and need something that is big enough for a gravity feeder as well as enough space for a cat to walk in and out of. As well as I would like to have it elevated to deter rodents from visiting because were in the city. I’m open to any other suggestions as well.
The roof can be removed by taking out a couple of screws. You should check this cat house which comes with an easily removable roof: Cedar Cat House on Legs for Outside
We have average wither snowfall in excess of 200" and think we might need longer platform legs to maintain cat's access to doorways
We can add 8" more to the legs for an extra $35.00.
Is the back door directly opposite from the front door?
The extra back door option goes on the back wall with the door opening on the opposite side of the front door wall.
The escape door has no flap. If you order a flap for it, we will secure it on the inside from the top of the door frame. The vinyl flaps are solid (not cut into strips)
Will it fit 1- large and 1 small cat together?
The interior is 19"W x 18"D, but we can not tell you if it would be large enough for your two cats.
Hi, I am going to purchase the larger cat house but am not sure if I should purchase the heating pad also. Can I use an electric pad with a straw bedding? I don't want a fire but our winters are VERY cold and want kitties to be as warm as possible.
Straw, hay, and wood shavings are all very combustible materials and we would never advise using any of those materials in conjunction with any type of heated product. You should not place any of these materials on top of the heating pads.
- It depends on size of cats and their personality as well. If they are not large and do not fight each other they should fit inside this cat house. Please read how to choose the right size cat house
I need to k off the ground but wher do I put the food
- Just place an order and write in the comments section you would like the flap to be installed on the back door instead on the front one.
- Unfortunately, the size of deck can not be changed.
- Small cat house should be enough in my opinion, but it is best to check the size of houses carefully and decide yourself because only you know your cat.