This outside cat house on platform promises days of enjoyment in and around it for stray or outdoor cats. The inside is 15"D x 18 1/2", large enough for a large but not too large cat to walk in and curl up. A 5" by 5 1/2" side window provides the needed light and a lookout, just perfect for pets who do not like to be closed in. If you need to provide a better environment for an outdoor kitty, you may add insulation for inside walls. It works out like the insulation of our homes and provides better temperature conditions inside.
When it comes to cat houses for outdoor cats, durability is vital, and you should not doubt that this house will withstand various weather conditions and last for years to come. It comes on a 12" high Standard or Extra Wide platform for better protection from predators. You could further equip it with a carefully chosen cat bed or a soft mat for authenticity purposes, more comfort, and maximum resemblance to your home. Your pet will be eager to become the house owner and master. Happy cat guarantee!
Interior dimensions of the house: 15"D x 18 1/2"W x 16 1/2"H (front) and 12"H (back)
Standard platform: 21.5W x 22.5D x 12H
Extra wide platform: 27W x 22.5D x 12H
Door opening: 6 1/2"W x 8"H
Overall size with Standard platform: 22.5"D x 21.5"W x 32 1/2"H (front) and 26 1/4"H (back)
Features & Benefits
- A cat house for outside cats made of strong 3/4" thick weather-resistant cedar boards
- It is Waterproof. The walls and floor are nailed and glued together. The roof is cedar with vinyl "T" steps sealed between the boards to make it watertight.
- The door and window come with strong vinyl flaps. They can be removed and reinstalled with a screwdriver if desired (Vinyl door and window flaps are removed from the pictures to show the inside)
- The house is hand-made in the USA and will fit a heating pad no bigger than 14" x 18"
- Optional Insulation is available. It is made of 1" thick rigid foam and the surfaces are covered with extra-strong polymer claw resistant and bug proof screening
- The door threshold is raised to protect the bed or heating pad inside from getting wet when rains
- A traction grit strip is included for the deck: 20" x 4"
- Maintenance and cleaning of the house are easy by removing the roof. Just remove the pin in front and lift the roof off
- Take the house out of the box and it is almost ready for use. The platform requires some additional assembly with a Philips screwdriver
- Weight: 45 lbs
- Ships to Continental US only.
- Made to Order. Ships in 10-15 business days
- Quality cat house on legs that will last for years
Hard/Heated Pad: Heated pad is the safest, most reliable and energy-efficient method to provide your pet with a warm, comfortable environment during the coldest of winters. It is 9" x 12" and only burns 25 watts of power. The internal thermostat keeps the temperature at a desirable 102 degrees when in use. When you purchase a heated pad with the house, we will prepare it for the electric cord.
Shipping: Ships via FedEx Ground. Check the FedEx Ground Transit Map to see the actual transit time (in business days) to your state once your order has been shipped.
Questions & Answers
I need a higher platform because my cat feels safer when she is higher off the ground.
Wе саn аdd 12" mоrе tо thе lеgѕ fоr аn ехtrа $35.00. Іf уоu wаnt ехtеndеd lеgѕ, јuѕt рlасе уоur оrdеr аnd wrіtе іn thе соmmеnt аrеа уоu wаnt ехtеndеd lеgѕ. Wе wіll ѕеnd уоu аn іnvоісе fоr thе ехtrа сhаrgе.
I have the house with the platform on top and the cat I want this house for can’t fit through it even though he is long and lean. Would it be possible to make the door larger than the one mentioned above? Say 8”W x 9.5” or 10”?
We can make the door bigger. It would cost an extra $21.00.
Unfortunately, we can not change the roof's angle.
We can make the cat house without the window at no extra charge.
Hi, I am going to purchase the larger cat house but am not sure if I should purchase the heating pad also. Can I use an electric pad with a straw bedding? I don't want a fire but our winters are VERY cold and want kitties to be as warm as possible.
Straw, hay, and wood shavings are all combustible materials, and we would never advise using any of these materials with any heated product. It would be best not to place these materials on a heating pad.
The main picture shows the house on standard platform. You can see the house on the extra wide platform here: https://www.cozycatfurniture.com/image/cat-house-on-extra-wide-platform.jpg