The outdoor shelter has to last through cold winter snow, spring rain, and unyielding sun days, so this wooden cat house is a perfect choice. Cedar is durable to weather conditions and repels insects, like termites and ants, so your kitty house will last for many years. The shelter is insulated on the floor, ceiling, and four walls, providing a warm cave-like house in the winter, and a cool napping spot in the summer. There are two lounging decks, the lower one on stilts to keep the deck dry from rain and snow, and the upper deck is perfect for sunbathing and creates a deep roof for the lower deck!
House Exterior: 23"W x 24"D x 20"H
House Interior: 19"W x 18"D
Door Opening: 7"W x 9"H
Lower platform: 16" off the ground with a 22" x 9" lounging deck
Upper platform: 36" off the ground with a 34" x 22" (D x W) lounging deck
Features & Benefits
- WATERPROOF ROOF: It is made with water-resistant felt paper under the wood siding that is treated with a non toxic and chemical-free environmentally friendly lifetime wood treatment, making them very durable and able to withstand any outdoor elements for many years.
- MADE FROM WESTERN RED CEDAR: Cedar repels insects and resists decay, so your cat house will last for years!
- THERMAL-PLY INSULATION: Floor, ceiling, and walls are layered with thermal-ply insulation to keep your pet warm and out of the wind!
- TWO LEVELS: A lounging deck on the first level is covered by a loft deck that acts as a roof, and provides your cats with space for sunbaths and cat naps!
- RAISED ON PLATFORM: Platform design raised several inches above ground level, keeps the floor drier and warmer for comfy cats!
- EASY ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: Battery-powered screwdriver and easy-to-follow instructions, are all you need to assemble this house!
- REMOVABLE ROOF: It can be easily removed by taking out a couple of screws
- Made to order. Ships in 20-25 business days.
- WEIGHT: 33 lbs
- FREE SHIPPING to Continental US and Canada
Extra (Escape) Door: Give your feline friend an extra exit in case predators come sniffing around. With the same dimensions as the front door, this door can be installed on the back wall, left wall, or right wall when facing the front door.
Vinyl Door Flap: Vinyl that is heavy enough to act as a barrier is used. The vinyl flaps are solid (not cut into strips) and secured on the inside from the top of the door frame by a Velcro strip.
Round Door Insert: If your cat likes to squeeze through holes in fences or find an isolated corner to curl up in, she may enjoy this round door style. The insert has a 6" round opening and may be easily removed if the cat is too big to fit through it or just does not like it.
Shipping: Ships from Canada via FedEx Ground. Transit time is 3-7 business days depending on where it is going.
Questions & Answers
The wood is natural and not treated. Cedar does not have to be treated but it is OK if you want to paint or stain the house. If you want to treat the house then we recommend a Thompsons water seal.
If I were to purchase this house is the pad included I do not see it?
No. This cat house comes without a heating pad. You should buy it separately.
Yes. We can make a custom size door for an extra $35.00.
I would like to install heating pad on wall so bedding can be placed on floor.
The interior side and back walls dimensions are 19" x 18" to the insulation. It would be best if you use 17" x 18" pad or smaller.
I see this can accommodate 2 small cats. Is there a larger size to accommodate 2 full size cats?
We can not make this cat house bigger. If you want a house for two cats you should consider the following one: https://www.cozycatfurniture.com/extra-large-outdoor-cat-house.html
Is the back door directly opposite from the front door?
The extra back door option goes on the back wall with the door opening on the opposite side of the front door wall.
If I bought 2 of these with an extra entrance on the right and left sides, could they be put next to each other for the cats to climb between them? Or would there be a gap, exit doors not line up perfectly, etc?
You can put two cat houses next to each other, but there would be a gap between them because of the roof which is sticking out.
I have a feral cat that needs to see what’s going on around him from as many angles as possible.
I’m thinking of buying the large cat shelter with platform and loft. I would want an escape door in the back. But also is there a way to put some type of window on the side so cat doesn’t feel closed in? Also how tall in the platform?
Unfortunately, we can not add a window. First platform is 16" off the ground and the second one 34" off the ground.
Hi, I am going to purchase the larger cat house but am not sure if I should purchase the heating pad also. Can I use an electric pad with a straw bedding? I don't want a fire but our winters are VERY cold and want kitties to be as warm as possible.
Straw, hay, and wood shavings are all very combustible materials and we would never advise using any of those materials in conjunction with any type of heated product. You should not place any of these materials on top of the heating pads.
- Yes, we have added a left or right door as an option. Check the page again.
- This house can accommodate two cats only if they are small and do not fight each other.
The roof of this cat house can be easily removed by taking out a couple of screws. Then you may clean the house.
Yes. You can easily remove the round door inserts if your cat does not like it.