Allow a stray or outdoor cat to have her own shelter in your garden or on the deck of your home with this waterproof cat house for winter and summer. It gives a chance to any size cat to play the master of a perfectly designed mini-home that offers endless entertainment and relaxation
This outside cat house from CozyCatFurniture is made of only 3/4" thick cedar boards ensuring strong and weather-resistant construction. It comes with a removable roof for easy cleaning inside the house. The shelter is spacious enough for a large cat to walk in and turn around to find her favorite corner. Insulation foam is available too. It keeps the house warm in the winter and cold in the summer.
Interior dimensions of house: 15"D x 18 1/2"W x 16 1/2"H (front) and 12"H (back)
Base platform: 23"D x 22"W
Front Deck: 6 1/2"D x 22"W
Door opening: 6 1/2"W x 8"H
Overall size: 23"D x 22"W x 20 1/2"H (front) and 14 1/4"H (back)
Features & Benefits
- Waterproof Solid Cedar Construction. Walls and floor are nailed and glued together
- The roof is cedar with vinyl "T" steps sealed between the boards to make it watertight.
- Thick vinyl door flaps to keep the elements out. Flaps are on both windows and door (vinyl door and window flaps are removed from the pictures to show the inside)
- One 5" x 5 1/2" side window covered with strong industrial-grade vinyl
- There is a 4" x 20" traction grit strip for the deck that can stick easily if desired
- Made to Order. Ships in 10-15 business days
- The roof is held securely by a custom pin and hook system. Just open it, remove flaps and clean the house
- Optional Insulation with protected cover. It is made of 1" thick rigid foam and the surfaces are covered with extra-strong polymer claw resistant and bug proof screening
- Proudly hand-built in the USA
- Needs some easy assembly. Just attach a bracket with 2 screws and a hook on the roof. No more assembly is needed
- Weight: 27 lbs.
- Ships to the Lower US States only.
Hard/Heated Pad: Heated pad is the safest, most reliable, and energy-efficient method to provide your pet with a warm, comfortable environment during the coldest of winters. It is 9" x 12" and only burns 25 watts of power. The internal thermostat keeps the temperature at a desirable 102 degrees when in use. When you purchase a heated pad with the house, we will prepare it for the electric cord.
Shipping: Ships via FedEx Ground. Check the FedEx Ground Transit Map to see the actual transit time (in business days) to your state once your order has been shipped.
Questions & Answers
Is the optional foam insulation removable for summer months?
The optional insulation is not removable, but you should be aware the insulation keeps the house warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
What are the interior dimensions with optional foam included?
Interior dimensions of the house with insulation: 13"D x 16 1/2"W
Is the insulation visible? Does the heating pad have to be plugged in? I had made a house out of a storage bin, installed with silver coated styrofoam. My problem was squirrels stole all the straw n ripped out all the insulation! This box would be outside our school in awooded area.
The heating pad has to be plugged in and you may see the insulation in this picture: https://www.cozycatfurniture.com/image/catalog/insulation-package-for-house.jpg
I would like to add foot flaps as well as insulation
This outdoor cat house comes with flaps on windows and door. They are included in the price. The insulation is an extra.
Hi, I am going to purchase the larger cat house but am not sure if I should purchase the heating pad also. Can I use an electric pad with a straw bedding? I don't want a fire but our winters are VERY cold and want kitties to be as warm as possible.
Straw, hay, and wood shavings are all very combustible materials, and we would never advise using any of these materials in conjunction with any type of heated product. You should not place any of these materials on a heating pad.