This beautiful cedar cat house is designed specifically for small outside cats. It comes with Thermal-Ply insulation, which will provide great protection from both extreme cold and extreme heat. The house will not only give your pet a great place to sleep, hide, and play, but it will also enhance the beauty of your home and yard.
Exterior house dimensions: 19" L x 18" W x 18" H
Interior floor dimensions: 14" x 13"
Door Opening: 6"W x 8"H
Features & Benefits
- Waterproof roof: It is made of plywood then covered in waterproof felt paper and then western cedar siding over that
- Builth with solid wood construction each shelter is individually handcrafted
- Thermal-Ply insulation is placed inside walls, under the floor and ceiling
- The roof can be easily removed by taking out a couple of screws
- Ships unassembled. Simple instructions included for fast assembly with common household tools.
- With a battery-powered screwdriver, the complete assembly should take about 30 - 40 minutes.
- Cedar cat house for outside that will accommodate 1 small size cat
- Weight: 17 lbs
- FREE SHIPPING to Continental US and Canada
Hard/Heated Pad: Heated pad is the safest, most reliable and energy-efficient method to provide your pet with a warm, comfortable environment during the coldest of winters. It is 9" x 12" and only burns 25 watts of power. The internal thermostat keeps the temperature at a desirable 102 degrees when in use. When you purchase a heated pad with the house, we will prepare it for the electric cord.
Extra (Escape) Door: Give your feline friend an extra exit in case predators come sniffing around. With the same dimensions as the front door, this door will be installed on the back wall.
Vinyl Door Flap: Vinyl that is heavy enough to act as a barrier is used. We cut the flap into strips to make it easy for the outside cat to gain entry and exit. Finally, we secure it on the inside from the top of the door frame.
Round Door Insert: If your cat likes to squeeze through holes in fences or find an isolated corner to curl up in, she may enjoy this round door style. The insert has a 6" round opening and may be easily removed if the cat is too big to fit through it or just does not like it.
Shipping: Ships from Canada via FedEx Ground. Transit time is 3-7 business days depending on where it is going.
Questions & Answers
The wood is natural and not treated. Cedar does not have to be treated but it is OK if you want to paint or stain the house. If you want to treat the house then we recommend a Thompsons water seal.
This house is small and the extra door can be placed on the back wall only.
Want to place cat house on the patio that has a cover but the outlet is about 9 feet away. Can the cord on the heating pad be plugged safely into an extension cord?
The cord of the heated pad is about 60" and you can use an extension cord if it is needed. There are weatherproof extension cords for outdoor use as this one
Hi, I am going to purchase the larger cat house but am not sure if I should purchase the heating pad also. Can I use an electric pad with a straw bedding? I don't want a fire but our winters are VERY cold and want kitties to be as warm as possible.
Straw, hay, and wood shavings are all very combustible materials and we would never advise using any of those materials in conjunction with any type of heated product. You should not place any of these materials on top of the heating pads.
- This cat house is made in Canada.
- It is made in Canada.
- This cedar house is for one cat only, but it may accommodate a mama with two kittens. Just depends on the size of cats. Please check our suggestions how to choose the right size cat house.
I need to k off the ground but wher do I put the food
I need a house big enough to accommodate a mother and her son both on the medium to large size. 10 to 12 lbs. Is there a larger size available Thanks.
Yes, we have large and extra large outdoor cat houses. Check some of them on the pages below:
And here you may find all the cat houses we offer:
Would it be possible to have this prepared to accept an electric heating pad cord without ordering the heating pad? (I already have a heating pad from the house that I am replacing this with.) If so, how do I indicate this with my order? Thanks!
We can make a hole for the electric cord of your own heating pad. It will be an extra $12.00. Please write in the comments section at checkout that you need a hole and we will send you an invoice for the extra fee.
This cat house with an extended roof is looking same as the cat house with platform and extended roof, just without the platform
We will make a hole on the back of the house for the heating pad's cord.
- The insulation is about a half inch thick and has a foil on one side. We place it in the floor, walls and ceiling. It is sealed in with caulking.