If you’re crazy about cats, this is the cat house for you because it is useful for both winter and summer days! Your favorite felines can bask in the sun, curl up in the cave, and survey their kingdom, all from this double-deck wooden cat house on stilts! It’s made of cedarwood, which is durable, weather-resistant, and repels insects! It’s designed in a double-deck style, with a large house on each level, and room for two average size cats in each house. Thermal-ply insulation lines the interior on all sides, ceiling, and floor. The top deck provides a roof for the lower deck, protecting your pets from wind, rain, and melting snow, and the stilts keep your kitties high and dry! The structure is easy to assemble in under an hour, with easy-to-follow instructions and standard tools. This is a unique and fun multi-house arrangement for multiple cat households.
Total Height from the ground: 46"
Each House Exterior: 23"W x 24"D x 19"H.
Each House Floor Interior: 18" x 19"
Door Openings: 7"W x 9"H
Lower Deck: 16" off the ground with a 22" x 9" lounging deck
Deck Area: 36" off the ground with a 22" x 9" (D x W) lounging deck
Features & Benefits
- WATERPROOF ROOF: It is made with water resistant felt paper under the wood siding that is treated with a non toxic and chemical free environmentally friendly lifetime wood treatment, making them very durable and able to withstand any outdoor elements for many years.
- CEDAR WOOD CONSTRUCTION: Cedar is durable and resistant to insects and weather damage, and does not rot away after several years, unlike white wood. It is the best choice for your outdoor cat house!
- DOUBLE-DECKER HOUSES: Built on stilts, some cats can stay high and dry in two houses; the top deck provides a roof for the lower deck.
- INSULATED INTERIOR: Thermal-ply insulation lines walls, ceiling, and floor to keep your pets warm in the winter, and cool in the summer.
- EASY ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: Seven pre-assembled panels pre-drilled with the necessary screws and instructions for easy assembly.
- OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: extended roof, vinyl door flap, extra door, round door insert and hole for a heating pad's cord.
- FOR MULTIPLE CAT OWNERS: The double-deck house can comfortably house 2 to 4 cats, depending on their size.
- Made to order. Ships in 12 business days.
- WEIGHT: 55 lbs
- Free Shipping to Continental US and Canada
- Quality outdoor cat house for multiple cats that will last for years to come
Extra (Escape) Door: Give your feline friend an extra exit in case predators come sniffing around. With the same dimensions as the front door, this door can be installed on the back wall, left wall, or right wall when facing the front door.
Vinyl Door Flap: Vinyl that is heavy enough to act as a barrier is used. The vinyl flaps are solid (not cut into strips) and secured on the inside from the top of the door frame by a Velcro strip.
Round Door Insert: If your cat likes to squeeze through holes in fences or find an isolated corner to curl up in, she may enjoy this round door style. The insert has a 6" round opening and may be easily removed if the cat is too big to fit through it or just does not like it.
Shipping: Ships from Canada via FedEx Ground. Transit time is 3-7 business days depending on where it is going.
Questions & Answers
The wood is natural and not treated. Cedar does not have to be treated but it is OK if you want to paint or stain the house. If you want to treat the house then we recommend a Thompsons water seal.
If I were to purchase this house is the pad included I do not see it?
No. This cat house comes without a heating pad. You should buy it separately.
Is the back door directly opposite from the front door?
The extra back door option goes on the back wall with the door opening on the opposite side of the front door wall.
Yes, we offer this option.
Hi, I am going to purchase the larger cat house but am not sure if I should purchase the heating pad also. Can I use an electric pad with a straw bedding? I don't want a fire but our winters are VERY cold and want kitties to be as warm as possible.
Straw, hay, and wood shavings are all very combustible materials and we would never advise using any of those materials in conjunction with any type of heated product. You should not place any of these materials on top of the heating pads.
I need to k off the ground but wher do I put the food
The insulation is about a half inch thick and has a foil on one side. We place it in the floor, walls and ceiling. It is sealed in with caulking.