Designed and made in the USA with two floors, these houses will provide the much-needed home to one or two medium-sized cats. It is a larger version of our winter cat house with a removable roof and offers the same features and design but one more level. You can put it in the garden, on the deck, or under a shelter. The house will help outdoor cats easily survive the terrible cold days and snowstorms during the winter and the hot summer days. It is suitable for neighborhoods with many feral cats or cats living outdoors.
Interior dimensions of upper house: 15"D x 18 1/2"W x 16 1/2"H (front) and 12"H (back)
Interior dimensions of lower house: 15"D x 18 1/2"W x 12"H
Base plates: 23"D x 22"W
Front Decks: 6 1/2"D x 22"W
Door openings: 6 1/2"W x 8"H
Overall size: 23"D x 22"W x 33"H (front) and 27"H (back)
- Waterproof cat home for outdoor cats made of durable solid cedar wood
- Bug resistant cedar is sanded to a smooth surface and shipped unfinished. You may seal, paint or stain if desired
- The walls and floors are nailed and glued together. The roof is cedar with vinyl "T" steps sealed between the boards to make it watertight.
- Thick vinyl covers the doors and the windows to keep the elements out. They can be removed by removing some screws (vinyl door and window flaps are removed from the pictures to show the inside)
- Windows of both houses are 5" x 5 1/2", covered with vinyl that easily can be removed
- There is a peel and stick 4" x 20" traction grit strip that prevents slipping in wet weather
- The lower house is fully assembled and the upper needs to have a bracket attached and sits on the lower one
- A custom pin and hook system hold the roof of the upper house. Just open it, remove flaps and clean it
- Made to Order. Ships in 10-15 business days
- The insulation package is optional. It is made of rigid foam (1" thickness) and the surfaces are covered with strong polymer claw-resistant and bug proof screening
- Weight: 64 lbs.
- Proudly hand-built in the USA, this wooden home for stray or feral cats ships in 2 boxes.
Hard/Heated Pad: Heated pad is the safest, most reliable and energy-efficient method to provide your pet with a warm, comfortable environment during the coldest of winters. It is 9" x 12" and only burns 25 watts of power. The internal thermostat keeps the temperature at a desirable 102 degrees when in use. When you purchase a heated pad with the house, we will prepare it for the electric cord.
Shipping: Ships via FedEx Ground. Check the FedEx Ground Transit Map to see the actual transit time (in business days) to your state once your order has been shipped.
Questions & Answers
Unfortunately, round door inserts are not available for this cat house.
The top house has a window and a door, and the bottom house has a door only.
Hi, I am going to purchase the larger cat house but am not sure if I should purchase the heating pad also. Can I use an electric pad with a straw bedding? I don't want a fire but our winters are VERY cold and want kitties to be as warm as possible.
Straw, hay, and wood shavings are all combustible materials, and we would never advise using any of these materials with any heated product. It would be best not to place these materials on a heating pad.
Can this be painted? Want to use it outside for my feral cats that visit. If so, what would you recommend?
You may seal, paint or stain the house. If you want to treat it then we recommend a Thompsons water seal.